Update – 12/5/20
Working Safely during Corona Virus
The UK government in consultation with a cross section of Industry has produced ‘COVID-19 secure’ guidelines to help ensure workplaces are as safe as possible
The new guidance covers 8 workplace settings which are allowed to open. This outlines the practical steps for business and is focused on 5 key points which should be implemented as soon as practical.
- Work from home if you can
- Carry out a covid risk assessment in consultation with workers
- Maintain 2 meters of social distancing wherever possible
- Where 2-meter distance is not possible, manage transmission risks
- Reinforce cleaning processes
The 8 guides cover a range of different types of workplace. Many businesses operate more that one type i.e. office and vehicles. You may need to use more than one of these guides as you consider what you need to do to keep your employees safe.